It’s Friday but not Friday at Five o’clock. Yes, this is a problem but in my head I’m an amateur sniper so I can wait. Until then let’s talk about football.
- I have some good news—there are 27 days until college football kicks off and 34 until Roger Goddell’s goons start playing for real. Good things are ahead.
- The Oakland Raiders have a glimmer of hope. A brief glimmer but it’s still a glimmer. I hope Khalil Mack blows up because the Silver and Black badly need a face of the franchise.
- I still wish I lived in a region where I didn’t have to hear about the Panthers every damn day. #thethrowaways
- I’m so tired or hearing about Johnny Manziel in the same manner that I’m tired of hearing about RGIII. I’m not comparing the two fellas but please stop talking and go play.
- I’m a Bama fan but I have to agree with Steve Spurrier’s assessment of Alabama underachieving. With that amount of talent at every position save for quarterback they really should have won a little more. Then again attitude and play calling have a big say in the final scores.
- Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury is up to something.
- If Michael Sam makes the Rams squad it won’t be a story after week four. That’s a good thing by the way.
- I’m going to miss the Shannon Sharpe on the NFL Today. You can’t find the rare combination of haberdashery and heavy-tongued sh*t talking everywhere. Plus his rant on the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin situation was dope.
- I hope Clowney proves his detractors wrong. Mostly to shut Warren Sapp up for once.
- I think Sammy Watkins is going to be big in Buffalo. Bigger than chicken appendages. Bigger than Rick James. Bigger than cigarettes.
- For his sake, Ray Rice better carry the rock like he’s never carried it before.
- Cornerbacks have now replaced wide receivers as the most tiresome group of players in the league. Sherman, Revis, and Peterson chirp like less talented versions Deon Sanders. Deon however was amusing in that Florida kind of way.
- Enjoy Beast Mode while you still can. He’s entering that age range where running backs start to decline. #boutthatactionboss
- A playoff in college football is a great idea but that four team deal seems like a set-up for more controversy. I can almost guarantee that after the playoff participants are announced the coach and fan base of the number five team will go ape sh*t.
- Lucy van Pelt ain’t sh*t… but neither is Charlie Brown.
So what are y’all’s thoughts on the upcoming football seasons? What are you looking forward to seeing? What are you tired of already? What group of fans tears are you waiting to lick when they cry?
Vaya con Dios.
Do I Wanna Know? — Artic Monkeys