Soooo, I’m black to blogging for the day. (On some use it or lose it, sh*t.)[i] I’ve got some boo boo on my brain that I need to get out for the sake of my sanity and my people. The world seems to be a little more sixes and sevens than normal and I have statements… I have questions. I have full cup of dark roast. I’ll be brief because it’s Friday.
- So this Ray Rice thing. I’ve asked Sway and everyone else that I know (I even asked Hammer during my daily pleas for him not to hurt ‘em.) to explain to me how Baltimore Ravens’ running back, Ray Rice can knock his fiancé now wife unconscious in a public elevator and only get a two game suspension. Then NFL needs to get its priorities straight when it comes to crime and social movements. In my head buddy should have been suspended for a year.
- For the first time since her first appearance in Giant-Sized X-Men # 1 making her one of the first black female superheroes, Storm now has an ongoing solo series featuring her doing everything from running the Jean Grey School to making it rain. I picked up the first issue and it was dope. Mohawk and all. Here’s hoping that Roro has a long run.
- Has anybody else ever have to explain the ills of the black community to an uninformed person of another race? It’s comical, infuriating, necessary, and puzzling at the same time.
- The Israeli/Palestinian conflict makes my head hurt. Things have escalated to the point that I change the channel when it’s brought up on the news. It’s a sad illustration of how ideology and lack of empathy mixed with politics and gun powder only serves to crush everyday people. Hurt folks hurt folks doe.
- Thanks to @themariow I became aware of something called a Bobby Shurmda. Thanks.
- So how are y’all doing?
- Think pieces on Police Brutality and Eric Garner > think pieces on Miley Cyrus or some f**k sh*t.
- …that’s if I deal with think pieces at all…
Like I said, nothing extra heavy. (Except for four and seven) but I just needed to type something for the sake muscle memory. I think I’m going to be sore tomorrow.
Vaya con Dios.
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes – Don’t Leave Me This Way (Album Version)
[i] I Googled the term “Use it or lose it” and a WebMD page about erections popped up. ßSee what I did there seriously, why was that the first search result?