Happy Easter! Before you pop the tags on your new Stacy Adams ensembles and drive your blood pressure up with that ham, here’s some of my usual randomness/newsy stuff for y’all. Be honest, its Good Friday so y’all aren’t giving anything close to 100% right now anyway.
- I watched Zero Dark Thirty this weekend and was bored to tears. It wasn’t a bad movie, it’s just nothing happened. Jessica Chastain and the rest of the cast did a good job but if someone told you there was movie about hunting Osama Bin Laden you’d think it would move a little faster. It was nowhere as interesting as this article “The Man Who Osama Bin Laden is… screwed.”
- Do me a favor, when you get a chance check out my man Mario Washington’s new talk show, The Sports Pulse on ESPN730.com in Charlotte from 3 pm – 6 pm Monday through Friday. I would say “Tell him I sent you.” or some sh*t but that will get you absolutely noth-ing. (Check him out on the Good Ole Boys radio network too.)
- Even I have to admit that at this point I’m kind of following the NBA now. The Heat are an actual good story. Good enough to make me give a damn in March too. I’m still confused by the level of Lebron dislike but things are what they are sometimes. I’ve noticed most of the dislike comes from Kobe and Laker fans, which have the mutant ability to make anything about the Heat and LeBron about them and older Mike Jordan holdovers that use the classic old dude move. You know the one where they tarnish someone else’s narrative to make theirs seem much more shiny and new. (I.e. I’ll make the story of your walk to school shorter and safer to make mine seem longer and harder.) This is a classic old cat move.
- I’m confused. If I’m a nation that may or may not be on the verge of putting my foot up the behind of a smaller, crazier nation why would I let the world know that I have bombers operating in their area? Do real G’s don’t move in silence anymore?
- Damn, they are trying to take Gucci from us! I guess we were having too much fun with him.
- So, I walked into one of my coworker’s office yesterday and on her radio I heard some white dudes playing a cover of Johnny Taylor’s “Who’s Making Love (To your old lady”. She immediately noticed the disgust on my face when I realized what I was hearing and gave her the “You a godless woman” look. Some things should be left alone. It’s things like this that make me want to bring a croaker sack (I had to supply a definition of croaker sack for you high falutin Negroes.) filled with sweet potatoes to work and throw them at my coworkers.
- North Korea is the nuclear capable joke that keeps on nuclear capable giving. That first picture looks like Kimmie is about to get down on the organ.
- I’m here for 42, the Jackie Robinson biopic. It didn’t need a Jay-Z song but I’m still here for it.
Go easy on that ham and safe Easter.
Vaya con Dios.