The Lumineers– Ho Hey
This has been a week of sinus headaches and agitation. Y’all read this while I daydream about taking a nap at my desk.
1. I miss football already. This NBA life isn’t going to cut it at all.
2. Why are people in the northeast acting like their weather isn’t always f**ked up in February?
3. Grown men who get all geeked about National Signing Day need to tone is down a little. They are the male version of pageant moms. I love football as much as the next hombre but that ish is kind of creepy. You gush over them as 17 year-old boys, and then you wonder why they act like entitled maniacs when they are professionals. Come on son.
4. Chris Burke of Sports Illustrated took some time out to rank the NFL’s announcing teams. I’ll be honest with y’all- my sound is usually turned down during games because the art of play by play is suffering.
5. I don’t follow soccer but what’s up with European football fans? All they all angry or is the vitriol centered in specific areas? I’ve seen a few stories documenting racism among fans of international soccer but how common are these occurrences?
6. Here’s some much need Ororo Munroe appreciation. (I wish somehow Marvel would regain the rights to the X-Men franchise so we can forget that Halle played Storm.) In all I think the comic medium has both a problem with ethnic characters and female leads—there’s simply not enough of either.
7. As someone who is something of an introvert this is an interesting read about introverted kids. I don’t agree with a lot of the article’s points but it makes you think.
8. Here’s an interesting view on Kendrick Lamar’s Good Kid M.A.A.D City and how it relates to gun control and black youth. Again Mario (F**k with the Good Ole Boys Radio sometime. You’ll love it.), it’s a dope album but it still isn’t the best release since 2001.
Thanks all I’ve got. Vaya con Dios.