Earth Wind & Fire – Serpentine Fire
I was honestly going to let today go by and not post anything. A few of my fellow bloggers like TDA, Nick, and Gem Jones felt it necessary to be prolific on a week when my ain’t sh*tness level was turned up to eleven. Needless to say they forced my hand.
- Random childhood thought: The smoke from a forest fire in one of SC’s neighboring states is hovering over Charleston in a grayish plume. The smell of forest fires reminds me of how my pops used to smell when he would get home from work when I was little.
- I really wish I knew that The Other Guys was that funny from start. Gator wouldn’t have been my first choice for a pimp name but it worked for Will Ferrell. I didn’t stop laughing for the bulk of the movie. I’m also contemplating starting a tumblr called “Biracial Angels”.
- Publix Gummy Bears > Brach’s Gummy bears > Haribo Gummy bears. I will not entertain any notions to the contrary.
- Dear Cancer, I still want you dead. I hope that train from last Denzel Washington movie hits your car while it’s stuck at a crossing.
- It’s really sad that the same countries are on the list of failed states after year. Nothing ever changes I guess. It’s still a damn shame that so many of the nations on the list are on the African continent. Kleptomania and enforcement via violence still seem to be the thing to do… and Robert Mugabe still has a job. (I don’t even know where the hell Tajikistan is located.) Btw. . . feel free to thank God that you live in a stable place tonight too.
- I had no idea that The Departed was based on a real person.
- There are 69 days until the start of the college football season.
- Here’s a summer drinking guide for you 12- Steppers out there.
- It’s very sad when I knew more names in the beyond boring Major League Baseball Draft than its NBA counterpart.
That’s pretty much all I’m capable of today. Enjoy the song up top and feel free to talk about me behind my back.
Vaya con Dios