Aloe Blacc – If I
I’m kind of too lazy to write a three-sentence intro. It’s been a long day and my attention span is shot. I’m going to bed.
- Just shut up Lupe, Obama is not a terrorist. The moment you admitted that you don’t vote you forfeited your right get to say shit. Just keep putting out quasi-revolutionary, passive aggressive rap music… and learn the words to “Scenario” while you’re at it.
- Buddy Guy is only number seven on the Grio’s Top 10 Black Guitarist List? I don’t have a problem with who is on the list just the ordering.
- X-Men: First Class came out last week and I still haven’t seen it. (Hell, I haven’t seen Thor yet either.) My comic book nerd senses were shocked to know that folks didn’t know that the entire X-Men comic franchise was an allegory to the Civil Rights movement. (The timing of this piece is funny because I read a long thread on a message board awhile back debating if Ororo Munroe (Storm) was black or a mutant.)Ta-Nehisi Coates of the Atlantic did a great op-ed piece in yesterday’s New York Time’s about he and his oldest son, each representing two generations of X-fans, watching First Class. He explains how he thinks the original intent of the franchise was left out of the latest movie and how he conveyed that to his son.
- Whatever Creflo. Eddie Eddie Bang Bang’s mess is his and his alone. Let his parishioners do what’s best for them and their souls. Nia Long > Eddie Long. Howie Long > Eddie Long. Long John Silver’s > Eddie Long.
- Terrelle Pryor is a “project” huh? I haven’t figured this kid out. He has to know that he doesn’t have NFL quarterback talent so one would think he’d be smarter about his life choices.
- Here’s some truth from Miss Sophia Winfrey.
- Captain Morgan goes surprisingly well with Hawaiian Punch… so I heard.
- I’m keeping my sh*tty Friday blog post a little short this week. I’m trying to tweak a few things on the page to make your crappy blog reading experience slightly less crappy.
Vaya con Dios and don’t tweet your junk.