So I’m kind of getting back to put out subpar blog posts on the regular. I think this the first Random News type thing I’ve done in about a month. (I could be off seven or so days. Me not count well.) Hopefully, I’ll continue to meet your lowered expectations. Please know that this will be 99.9% Estevez free so I will not be winning here or there.
- I’m still having hard time believing that it’s been fourteen years since Biggie got shot. It doesn’t seem like 1997 was that long ago.
- *Donning my baby-blue t-shirt with “Hennessy” spelled across my back with iron-on letters.* So many rappers go to jail that I forgot that another of my favorite rappers from that era was on a state-paid vacation. Prodigy from Mobb Deep got out this week. For someone who looked like he could literally keel over and die any moment little dude popped a lot of sh*t. Here are some random thoughts from P about a lot of random things that he wrote in the hoosegow.
- Whatever happened to the other Prodeje and Havoc?
- Representative Peter King (R-NY) is an arse. Not just a regular arse but a horse’s arse. He is currently the Chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security and this week he started a series of hearings that examine the “radicalization of American Muslims”. Obviously Mr. King strongly believes that many of our neighbors who pray to the East are just plain and simple out to get our ass*s. For a bigot I’ll give him credit for believing his own story. He says in the article, “An obligation to be responsible does not equal political correctness.” It had to just flat out suck to be Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), who to my knowledge the lone Muslim member of Congress or the Legislative Branch all together, when he had to testify during this wasteful hearing. Rep King who has ties to the IRA (They aren’t radical at all.) is unfortunately using his bully pulpit to mimic Joe McCarthy and actually be a bully. Who elects these people?
- In more hateful news Tennessee Lawmakers have introduced a law that would curb the practice of Sharia law. I’m going to take a shot in the dark and say that the bulk of Tennessee’s population doesn’t have a clue as to what Sharia law is? I’ll take another shot and say that the same goes for the rest of the country.
- Here’s an interview with one of the worse rappers I’ve ever heard of, Flyntt Flossy. I’m not even sure if this guy is serious but the level of his whackness warms me in ways that Bangs and Crunk Young Coonhound never could. Mmmmm Tummiscratch beat.
- Nickelodeon is going retro this weekend but they aren’t giving the people what they want. To hell with Kenan and Kel and the Rugrats, I need some Doug, As Told By Ginger, and Hey Arnold! on my tube. Did anybody else think Mister Dink from Doug was a little bid of a molester? He’s not Herbert from Family Guy or Floyd the barber but I’m saying.
- Damn Snoop! You just couldn’t leave that life alone huh? Allegedly anyway.
- One of my favorite television shows Southland just had it’s finale episode (For only the season hopefully.) and I honestly think it’s a much better cop show than any of the Law and Orders. Regina King provides a strong lead as on of the better acted performances as cop on TV (Her along with Justified’s Timothy Olyphant although the two shows and characters have vastly different tones.) Check out the series On Demand if you get the chance.
- John McCain made a gaffe the other day when he said the iPhone was made in America (It isn’t.) Checkout these articles about the iPhone: Why isn’t the iPhone made in America? It’s not just the iPhone that America doesn’t make.
- Are Phonte and 9th Wonder working together again?
Well that’s eleven things. It’s not a strong eleven but it’s eleven. Have a good weekend and dont forget to Spring forward ******f***ers!
Vaya con Dios.