It’s the end of another week and not much happened around the world. Next week is Christmas so everyone please be careful when you’re out and about. Stay out of the streets as much as possible.
- It’s getting near the end of the year and this one was kind of rocky. Check out Life magazines pictures of the year. Some of these are kind of bloody so be proceed with caution.
- Juxtapose Life’s pictures with those of Foreign Policy. These show how the year 2o1o went in Afghanistan. (Again, some of these may be harsh.)
- The Coen brothers have remade True Grit, which happens to be one of the few John Wayne movies I can watch without crying. I hope the new version does the original justice.
- Next year the Ukrainian government will allow tour companies to give guided trips to Chernobyl. Big Fun.
- By-the-way on the Clair Hanks-Huxtable Big Fun Index: Chernobyl Tours > The Wretched.
oftenalways give Tyler Perry a hard time for having massive plot holes in his movies. By massive I mean large enough for a super freighter and Dog the Bounty Hunter’s wife to go through side by side.) This article from Wired shows us ten overlooked plot holes that most people probably missed. The one about Spider-Man 2 is a good call.
- Did anyone else find the school board “shooting” in Panama City Florida kind of odd? None of it made sense. I also found the superintendent’s calmness to be a little off too.
- I read this article describes the killing of a town bully in a small Missouri town. The entire crime sounds like the plot of a hour-long TV drama like Criminal Minds or Law and Order. It’s funny how no one saw anything.
- ***Me singing*** “I’m just a bill on Capitol Hill/oh I hope and I pray that some day that I may but today I’m still just a bill…” Am I to believe that Schoolhouse Rock was secretly feminist propaganda. Even if it was it was still dope. (I dare you to start singing “Conjunction Junction” and not smile. I dare you!)
- You’re not a man. You’re a Chicken Boo. You’re welcome! (Still not singing it again Sweetie.)
- If North Korea were a person it would be Lennie Small from Of Mice and Men. Feeble-minded, strong, and scary.
- Tim Tebow is the probable starter against the Raiders on Sunday. Oakland, don’t mess this up.
Everyone have a safe weekend. Vaya con Dios and sweep the leg.