This week the news was filled with cyber-attacks, WikiLeaks, and a back-peddling Barack. We also have a very important born day, Cam Newton’s need for a new trophy case (He can afford it.), and me freezing for the better part of the week. (Yes Virginia, there is global warming.) So without any more sloppy, uninspired prose from me here we go:
- Happy Birthday to my pops Stephen Young, Sr.
- Shout out to Gem of The Ocean for making me remember that Bangs is the greatest emcee alive and he wants to tell you Merry Christmas. As a matter of fact watch this classic for old times sake. (I honestly wish I had a video of Miss Moneypenny’s reaction the first time I let her see a Bangs video. Priceless.)
- #FakeWikiLeak: St. Peter to Gabriel — “I’m tire of standing at this damn gate.”
- I was waiting on Jon Stewart to weigh in on Julian Assange and he didn’t disappoint. I’m also adding the word “whitemare” to my vocabulary.
- You know what would be a gas. If someone just slapped a parachute on old Assange and dropped him out of a plane over North Korean airspace. That would me bigger fun than going to see The Wretched in Baltimore.
- #FakeWikiLeak: Urban Meyer to Tim Tebow — “Why can’t I quit you?”
- Some African leaders have less than dubious reputations in the rest of the world. They range from good to somebody please
shootimpeach this guy. Liberia’s Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is doing okay considering her country’s recent history. The jury is still out on Jacob Zuma (South Africa) mostly because he was elected via a very controversial election but that never happens here. On the other hand Robert Mugabe (Zimbabwe), Muammar Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi (Libya), and Honsi Mubarak (Egypt) are borderline movie villains. On a lighter, more creepy note Botswana’s President, Ian Khama is a strange mix between Bill Clinton and Don Draper. He looks like the creepy deacon at your church who can’t seem to keep his hands to himself only makes his comments about women that much more disturbing. Especially since it’s coming from a 57-year-old bachelor.
- No Bill Maher, every black man does not have the temperament of Suge Knight.
- Sylvester Stallone along with Mike Tyson and Julio Cesar Chavez are to be the boxing International Hall of Fame 2011 class . The original Rocky film, although cheesy was a great movie about boxing in an era following the decline of one the greatest fighters of all-time, Ali. No matter what some boxing purists may think Stallone’s film had an impact on the sport. While there at it put Robert DeNiro and Martin Scorsese should also get elected because of Raging Bull.
- #FakeWikiLeak: O. J. Simpson to Ronald Goldman’s parents — “I did that sh*t.”
- Popeye’s Chicken has a buffet now. Oddly enough, I’m not happy about this.
- #FakeWikiLeak: Wu Young Agent of M.E. to Miss Moneypenny — “I’m never eating fried chicken again.”
- #FakeWikiLeak: President Obama to his sister — “I should have kept my a** in Chicago. A n****a can’t have nothing in this country.”
- Obama, just try to hit the others guys back just once. Strategically you’re the French Army circa May 1940. Just fight back on something.
- Normal dude news of the week: Kevin Fitzhugh a former safety for the New York Jets turned down a chance to rejoin the team and keep his job as a train conductor for Norfolk Southern so that he can support his parents with a steady paycheck. Good for him. Denzel Washington will play Fitzhugh in Unstoppable 2: I’m on a another train.
- Post racial South Africa? Maybe.
- #FakeWikiLeak: Quincy Jones to Prince — “Ray J is the next Donny Hathaway. Just you watch.”
Vaya con Dios.