It’s been a bad week for me and machines so here’s hoping this post goes well. Football’s a blood sport, my sinuses are being fickle, and I’m always sleepy. So take from that last sentence what you will and enjoy.
- There are millions of AK-47’s floating around the globe. I wonder if Mikhail Kalashnikov had any idea what he was starting? Could you imagine if he lived in a capitalist company how rich he would be?
- Shout out to my man Toro and Mrs. Toro on expecting their second child. The Simpson tribe is growing.
- The NFL and football in general had a really bad weekend. After a rash of brutal hits (Which last time I checked was the cost of doing business.) has left issues like fines and helmet safety on the table for the game at every level. Has the lack of teaching proper technique when it comes to tackling and other fundamentals caught up with America’s true game? Or is this the case of violent men doing violent things. If I ever have kids I’m going to teach them how to throw a back door sliders (Back Door Sliders sounds like a porno don’t it?) so they won’t to worry about this.
- I never got the chance to see The Expendables this summer but I still think that Clint Eastwood and Jim Brown should’ve had cameos in it.
- Jon Stewart went to CNN’s house recently and didn’t bother wiping his feet on the rug. I have to agree with him too. CNN should be the new network that sane people should watch in lieu of MSNBC and Fox News. There aren’t enough good shows and too much wasted opportunity after 8:00. Stick to the news and don’t get into affirming the beliefs of those who watch. Just give the facts but make it interesting.
- My vodka and tonic game is proper and yours isn’t.
- It’s almost Halloween and every year I keep thinking to myself that they just don’t make good horror movies anymore. Who are the scariest monsters/things you can think of? Besides Ray Lewis, Friday the 13th Part II scared me sh**less, and I just couldn’t watch Aliens when I was little. I do find all of this odd now considering all of the foolishness I watch now and don’t blink.
- I reserve the right to add more to this blog after it’s published.
- Uncle Ron loves you.
- Stay off the ****ing flowers.
Have a good weekend and Vaya con Dios